Connect with us

News

Former Bear William “The Refrigerator” Perry in a South Carolina Hospital

william-perry
Former Bears DL (and sometimes fullback and halfback) William “The Refrigerator” Perry is in a hospital in South Carolina. Here is the story from the Chicago Sun-Times:

William “The Refrigerator” Perry — the former defensive lineman who captured the hearts of Chicago Bears fans in 1985 when he rumbled for a one-yard touchdown in his Monday Night Football debut — is in serious condition in a South Carolina hospital after suffering from symptoms of a chronic illness. A relative said he is expected to recover. The 46-year-old Perry, who resides in his native Aiken, S.C., was diagnosed last June with Guillain-Barré syndrome and hospitalized for five months.

6 Comments

6 Comments

1. Michael apostol

April 22, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Lets all pray for the “fridge” William Perry

2. Michael apostol

April 22, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Lets all pray for William the “fridge” Perry.

3. Rita Cordero

April 23, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Mr. Perry, I know exactly how you feel because I am a survivor of that God Awful disease. I had it 40 yrs ago when medicine and technology was nowhere near what it is today. I was paralyzed, blind and couldn’t speak. I was being fed through a tube and was in an oxygen tent. Before they figured out what it was I almost died. I lost 40 lbs was a vegatable. I ask God to take me if this is how I would remain for the rest of my life. I just turned 19 yrs old a senior in high school, I was devasted. The road to recovery was tremendously hard but God healed my body and I did my best since I had my whole life ahead of me. 1 year later exactly to the day it happened again. This time they knew how treat me. I thank God every day for this life. I just happen to be one the biggest Chicago Bears Fan!!! I still watch the Super Bowl Shuffle and was at the stadium in the freezing cold in 1995 for the reunion. I will pray for you because I remember what a struggle is ahead of you, but God will Handle it all if you just Believe..

4. Rita Cordero

April 23, 2009 at 2:40 pm

God Bless and Keep you in the palm of his hand. Let God heal your body.. I’ll pray for you daily.. I am a suvivor of that God awful disease. 2 times in a row, 1 year after each other.. I’m a Huge Bears Fan….

5. chase becker

February 28, 2010 at 12:33 pm

yo man god bless you man god bless you man i had some disease like that and was in a surgerys but i never would think that it would happen to you.

6. chase becker