Bears vs. Packers…on Monday night…battle of unbeatens…for first place in the North.
Please excuse us here at Bears Gab – Russ and myself (your site editors) just couldn’t contain our excitement for the Bears’ biggest game in years. So we decided to go beyond simply predicting the final score.
In insight (and over-analysis) you can’t find anywhere else on the Web, here’s the first of two posts detailing whether you should BUY or SELL the likelihood of very specific events happening on Monday night.
1. Matt Forte will rush for 100 yards or more.
- Russ: BUY, big-time. Forte will exceed that amount easily because we’re running against GB to avoid a QB shootout.
- Jeff: SELL. If #22 couldn’t top the century mark vs. the porous Lions’ D, he won’t come close vs. the attacking Packers.
2. Julius Peppers will sack Aaron Rodgers twice.
- Russ: SELL. Julius will force a fumble with his one sack of Rodgers, on top of 3-4 QB hits/hurries.
- Jeff: BUY. Bright lights. Big city. Potential of facing an opposing rookie tackle (Bulaga). Peppers will shine on the big stage.
3. Devin Hester will return a punt more than 20 yards.
- Russ: SELL, big-time. Windy City Flyer will get little to no wiggle room or open space in return game.
- Jeff: BUY. For whatever reason, I think it’ll finally click with #23 that in order for him to score, he must run North-South rather than East-West.
4. Jay Cutler will throw an INT.
- Russ: SELL. People don’t realize how precisely accurate and sharp Jay is right now. He’s in the zone.
- Jeff: BUY. Cutler’s gonna put a lot of balls in the air and at least one of them will end up in the hands of the guys in the white jerseys.
5. Chris Harris will get burned for a TD pass.
- Russ: A close SELL: Harris will get burned at least twice, just not for a TD.
- Jeff: BUY. Rodgers, Finley, Jennings and Driver could make it a long night for the entire secondary.
6. Lovie will lose a challenge.
- Russ: BUY. Close game means Lovie will lose a challenge…oh well.
- Jeff: BUY. Does a Bear sh!t in the woods? Too easy.
7. ESPN analyst John Gruden will develop a man-crush on a Bears player.
- Russ: BUY. Too easy. PISA! PISA! PISA! “He’s from Hawaii, has a cool name, he’s a warrior!”
- Jeff: BUY. “I tell you what, if I had this Cutler guy at QB in Tampa, I would’ve won 8 Super Bowls.”
8. Packers will rush for 50 yards as a team.
- Russ: BUY. Rodgers alone will get 25-35 on the ground. I have a weird feeling his feet will get us on 3rd down on more than one occasion.
- Jeff: SELL. Brandon Jackson (albeit a fellow Husker alum) doesn’t scare me at RB. After you figure in Bears sacks, the Pack won’t top the half-century mark.
Watch for Part 2 tomorrow. Please people…try and contain your enthusiasm.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bears Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bears Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Chicago Bears news.