0-2 vs. Rodgers: Cutler will notch first victory over GB QB.
- It will NOT be a head-to-head shootout between the two electrifying signal callers. I’m very confident the Bears will win if they can avoid a crazy QB duel. Not saying Jay can’t outdo Aaron if it comes to down to that, just like my chances winning it “Black ‘n Blue” style. Rather see it not “be about” Jay vs. Aaron. 1-2 after tonight, will NOT be the main headline.
- The combination of Matt Forte-Chester Taylor is our biggest advantage tonight. Story of the show. Let’s run. Grab the early lead. Defense can play more at “ease, relaxed” with a lead. Drop the LB’s in coverage, put in the extra DB. All about pass coverage, preventing the big play. This is possible if the running game, short pass attack is effective. Go to work, screens will play a big role.
- Charles Tillman-Zack Bowman match up well with Donald Driver/Greg Jennings. Both are physical, good tacklers in the open field. Big part of the game: Who gives up the least amount of yards after the catch. It’ll be a wash. Advantage: BEARS. Packers need big plays through air because of their lack of run game, being on the road, and if they don’t they will be playing right into the hands of the opportunistic, yet not overly aggressive Bears D.
- Bears play calling has been nearly flawless. Always had the talent, now you have the minds to lead that talent. If guys in charge on the sidelines and in the box continue to their job with precision, I cannot see how the Bears could not be in prime position to come away with the W. Adjustments have been razor sharp, and the players have adjusted super crisp. The missing link has been found.
- Keep in mind the guy on the other side of the line. Whoever lines up opposite of Julius will have a big-time edge. Also the guy who plays alongside Peppers will be a factor. Green Bay’s line leaves too much to be desired, and if they drop back to pass as much as I expect, I don’t know how long they’ll be able to keep the front four from getting to Rodgers.
- Confidence riding sky-high is a scary thing. Scary, as it could work against you, but also scary for the other team if it continues to work its magic. These Bears are HUNGRY. This game is big, but I don’t think this team will let it get to their heads, making it out to be bigger than it is. The attitude around the club seems to be of a quiet confidence, a confidence that knows what its capable of, a confidence that knows they will get the job done if they play their type of game/style. I don’t see the Bears falling under the pressure of the spotlight. Too much going for this team for it to get rattled. Neither team will get rattled, as even as a match-up as it gets, so you figure being at Soldier Field could be the difference in a game that’s hard to find one.
Prediction: Chicago Bears 26 Green Bay Packers 17
Join us for a LIVE CHAT TONIGHT @ 7 PM CT
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Bears Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Bears Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Chicago Bears news.