The Guy Without The Yankees Hat Is Starting?
QB: Jay Cutler, Caleb Hanie, Nathan Enderle
RB: Matt Forte, Chester Taylor, Marion Barber
FB: Eddie Williams, Will Ta’ufo’ou
WR: Roy Williams, Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, Earl Bennett, Dane Sanzenbacher, Sam Hurd
TE: Kellen Davis, Matt Spaeth, Desmond Clark
OT: J’Marcus Webb, Gabe Carimi, Frank Omiyale
G: Chris Williams, Lance Louis, Edwin Williams
C: Roberto Garza, Chris Spencer
DE: Julius Peppers, Israel Idonije, Corey Wootton, Vernon Gholston
DT: Henry Melton, Anthony Adams, Matt Toeaina, Stephen Paea, Amobi Okoye, Marcus Harrison
SLB: Nick Roach, J.T. Thomas
MLB: Brian Urlacher, Dom DeCicco
WLB: Lance Briggs, Brian Iwuh
CB: Charles Tillman, Tim Jennings, Zackary Bowman, Corey Graham, D.J. Moore, Joshua Moore
FS: Major Wright, Chris Conte
SS: Chris Harris, Craig Steltz
K: Robbie Gould
P: Adam Podlesh
KR: Devin Hester, Johnny Knox
PR: Devin Hester, Earl Bennett
LS: Patrick Mannelly
Seven thoughts on depth chart:
- Hester ahead of Knox means nothing. Bears will often utilize three-receiver sets. Both Devin and Johnny are interchangeable parts in the slot.
- I see both Sanzenbacher and Hurd making the final 53-man roster. Team will keep six wide receivers; no fullbacks.
- Marion Barber has more life running the football than Chester Taylor. This means more touches for Barber and less for Taylor.
- Offensive line, linebacker and safety positions have extremely weak depth. Are we going to re-sign Pisa and find another veteran OL? I’m confident in free safety Chris Conte, who’s going to see significant playing time as a rookie.
- Why is Jennings ahead of Bowman? I prefer the taller, stronger defensive back. Looks like Corey Graham is going to see some time at CB – good idea. Six corners will be kept; only four safeties.
- Does Adams’ injury mean Marcus Harrison stays? I hope not. I rather keep an extra skill-position player over Harrison.
- Earl Bennett is the best fourth-receiver in the NFL, hands down, no contest.